Roger K. McCrummen
Roger K. McCrummen is the managing partner of the McCrummen Immigration Law Group. Although he has experience in family and humanitarian based immigration law, his primary focus is on employment based immigration law, including Temporary work visas; Employer compliance issues, and Employment based permanent residence (“green cards”).
- Masters of Divinity, Princeton Theological Seminary (Summa Cum Laude, ranked 1st in class) 1989.
- LL.M. (International Legal Studies), New York University School of Law, New York, NY 1982.
- JD, Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock Texas, 1979.
- B.A. in History, Minor in German. Texas Tech University, Lubbock Texas, 1976. Magna Cum Laude.
- AV Rating (highest rating) from Martindale Hubble legal directory for ethics and legal competence (over 20 years).
- Three time elected Chair of the Missouri/Kansas Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (approximately 150 attorney members)
- Best of the Bar in Immigration Law â€“ Kansas City Business Journal, 2011, 2012.
- Named to â€śBest Lawyers in America in Immigration Law,â€ť U.S. News and World Report and â€śBest Lawyers,â€ť 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015.
- Named by Ingramâ€™s Business Magazine to â€śBest Lawyers in Kansas City, Immigration Law, for 2012â€ť
- Americaâ€™s Most Honored Professionals, Top 1%, 2016
- Kansas City Areaâ€™s Finest Attorneys, 435 Magazine, 2015
- Best Lawyers in Missouri selected by Peer Recognition, 2014, 2015, from â€śBest Lawyers.â€ť
Roger represents several major corporate clients in the Kansas City area, especially in the telecommunications and engineering sectors, as well as many smaller businesses and individuals, including the following kinds of work:
- Temporary work visas for professionals (H-1B), intracompany transferees (L-1, including blanket L petitions), NAFTA professionals from Mexico and Canada (TN), treaty-based traders and investors (E1/2), business visitors (B-1), extraordinary ability aliens (O-1), religious workers (R-1), student visas and work authorization (F-1), exchange students (J-1), etc.
- Employer I-9 compliance and federal E-verify system
- Applications for Employment Based Permanent Residence (Green cards), including applications with the Department of Labor for Alien Labor Certification (PERM), “special handling” for university teachers, “national interest waivers,” “outstanding researchers and professors,” “extraordinary ability aliens,” â€śreligious workers,â€ť etc.
- Consular processing issues for workers traveling and obtaining visas abroad
- Advice to universities and government entities regarding immigrant employees, SEVIS compliance, employment authorization documents, etc.
- Outbound visa issues for domestic personnel traveling and working abroad
- Administrative Appeals with the Board of Alien Labor Certification (BALCA), Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), Administrative Appeals Office (AAO), and similar bodies.
- Family petitions on behalf of relatives, affidavits of support, work cards, travel documents, consular processing issues, driver’s licenses, etc.
- Diversity (Green Card) lottery
- Applications on behalf of asylees, refugees, humanitarian parole, etc.
Roger began his legal career in 1982 in New York City, upon graduation with an advanced law degree (LL.M. – International Legal Studies) from the New York University School of Law in New York City. He practiced for a number of years as a Business Transactional Attorney with firms in New York City until he moved to Kansas City with his family in 1992. Since coming to Kansas City, Mr. McCrummen’s practice has focused on Immigration Law and representing businesses and individuals in their Immigration needs. Roger was formerly a partner in the Kansas City based law firm of Seaman, Stoll, Mustoe and McCrummen, P.C. In 2004, Roger and his associates from that firm formed their own firm as the McCrummen Immigration Law Group, LLC. In 2013, attorney Gail Goeke was added as a partner in the firm.
He has served three times as the Chair of the Missouri/Kansas Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), including service on the national Board of Governors of AILA, which is the nation’s premier immigration bar association.
Mr. McCrummen and the other attorneys in the McCrummen Immigration Law Group are all active in advocacy on behalf of immigrants and their employers and members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
Roger is nationally recognized as a mentor for other Immigration lawyers and has chaired and spoken at immigration law conferences nationwide. He and his group represent several large corporate employers in the Kansas City area as well as throughout the United States, but also place strong emphasis on representing individuals, families, and all legal issues facing immigrants and their employers. He was recently invited to serve on the AILA national committee for Business Immigration Issues.
Mr. McCrummen also received a Master of Divinity Degree in 1989 from Princeton Theological Seminary and worked for two years as a Director of a not for profit homeless ministry in the Times Square area of New York City.
- Licensed to practice law in the States of Texas, New York and Missouri
- Missouri Bar Associations
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Christian Legal Society
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- Amnesty International
Frequent speaker at public gatherings, churches, and conferences on immigration law, including the following:
- Invited presenter on employment based immigrant petitions, June 2013, American Immigration Lawyers Association Annual Conference, San Francisco
- Speaker, Organizing for America rally at Sen. Bluntâ€™s office, on Immigration Reform. May 2013
- Guest speaker, Johnson County Democrats, May 2013 on Immigration Reform
- Guest lecturer, St. Maryâ€™s University class on ethics, April 2013.
- Speaker, Downtown Rotary Club of Kansas City on â€śImmigration Reform: Policy and Politicsâ€ť, Kansas City, MO 2012.
- Conference Chair and Speaker: American Immigration Lawyers Basics Conference, Boston, MA, 2007
- Speaker: American Immigration Lawyers Basic Conference on Immigration Law, Atlanta, GA, 2006
- Frequent speaker on behalf of immigration law and issues at churches and universities
- Married to Diane 30+ years with 3 children and five grandchildren.
- Serve on boards/and or executive committees for not for profit organizations, including the Midwest Highland Arts Fund, and Overland Park Church of the Nazarene.
- Member Overland Park Church of the Nazarene; St. Andrews Pipes and Drums of North Kansas City (bagpiper)